Celebrate spring with this recipe from Alec Graham, Chalk Hill Estate Vineyards’ onsite chef who oversees the culinary program there.
8 nectarines, slightly under ripe
1 bunch of chives
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tbs red wine vinegar*
1/2 cup neutral oil, such as vegetable
6 oz. chèvre
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill or oven broiler to high heat
- Whiz chives and neutral oil in blender on high for about 45 seconds. Pour chive oil through a coffee filter and let drip through.
- Pit nectarines and slice into halves. Toss with olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Grill nectarine halves until lightly charred and caramelized.
- To serve, top nectarines with strained chive oil, fresh thyme sprigs, and crumbles of chèvre.
*If you have a bottle of leftover red wine that is no longer worth drinking, you can easily make your own red wine vinegar. There are plenty of easy recipes online, like this one: homemade red wine vinegar